Please read the important information at the bottom of the page regarding pre-bookings, payment methods and more information.
For those looking for lovely gardens to visit in Gloucestershire, view the document below which shows the opening dates of National Garden Scheme (NGS) gardens in Gloucestershire in April, 2022.
Or go to the National Garden Scheme website.
Garden highlights for May
Sunday 1st and Bank Holiday Monday 2nd
22: Group Opening – 15 gardens: Eastcombe and Bussage Gardens, 3 miles east of Stroud GL6 7EB
A range of smaller gardens in a pretty village setting, 2 new gardens this year – smaller gardens are always popular with visitors as they are relatable in scale. Gardens are spread over a 2 mile range and entry tickets are valid both days – make it a weekend of garden visiting!
59: Stanway Fountain & Water Garden
Stanway has not been open for the NGS for several years. Visitors can see the world’s highest gravity fed fountain, which runs at 2.45 pm and 4 pm for 30 minutes each time.
63: New: Tuffley Gardens
A number of different style smaller gardens in suburban area of Gloucester close to Robinswood Hill Country Park, which has 250 acres of open countryside with viewpoint, pleasant walks and waymarked nature trails.
Please note that Daylesford House, opening on Wednesday 4th May, does not allow any photographs to be taken by visitors to the garden or grounds and there are none available on the National Garden Scheme website. This is explained in the garden’s entry.
NGS gardens in Gloucestershire – May 2022
NGS gardens in Gwent 2022
NGS gardens in Worcestershire 2022
- The lists are up to date at the point of distribution but NGS are advising visitors to check their website before travelling.
- Pre-booking is now only essential where mentioned on a garden’s page on the NGS website otherwise you can buy your ticket on arrival – in the ‘usual’ NGS way.
- For full details and to check for the most up to date information visit the NGS website: https://ngs.org.uk
- Web link to Gloucestershire gardens: https://ngs.org.uk/gloucestershire/
- Many gardens also have a new cashless payment system. Those that offer this service will have the Wi-Fi symbol displayed, otherwise it’s payment by cash.